Noodles have become so famous in India that you can spot it in every Fast Food Van, Restaurant, Street side etc. The age group is such that Noodles has a huge fan following. The Recipe that I share is not the kind one gets in Restaurants, in the street side or in the fast food vans. My version is not hot but just medium spicy. I have not added any chilly sauce. The vegetables can be of your own choice. Though I have skipped using Cabbage, as in India, the Cabbage worm has caused health issues.
- Oil – 2 Tablespoons
- Vegetable Noodles – 100 grams
- Salt – As per taste
- Black Pepper – 1 Teaspoon
- Spring Onion – 2 (chopped)
- Beans – A small bunch (chopped into small pieces)
- Capsicum – 1 small size (chopped)
- Carrot – 2 (chopped)
- Garlic – 3 Cloves (finely chopped)
- Soya Sauce – 2 Teaspoons
- Vinegar – 1 Tablespoon
- Green / Red Chilly – 2 (seedless, chopped)
- Take a wide pan, pour water and heat it. When the water comes to a boil, add noodles with 1 teaspoon of Oil and 1 teaspoon of Salt. It takes about 3 minutes for the noodles to be cooked or Al Dente. Keep stirring while they are in the water.
- While the noodles are cooked, prepare the vegetables.
- Once the Noodles are cooked, drain the hot water immediately and pour some cold or room temperature water into the noodles. The cold water will not only remove the extra starch but will not make the noodles stick to one another. Rinse the noodles twice in cold fresh water and place it in a Colander or Sieve.
- Now, take a pan / kadai or a wok, add 2 tablespoons of Oil. When the oil heats up add chopped garlic and green seedless chilly. Saute them for a minute but do not let them turn brown. Then add spring onions and saute until it is half cooked.
- Then add your veggies. Carrots, Beans and Capsicum and saute them on high flame. Continue to toss and keep stirring as the vegetables may get burnt if they go unnoticed.
- Once you see your vegetables are cooked add Soya Sauce, Vinegar and Saute. Then add salt and black pepper. Saute for another minute.
- Now add the boiled noodles and give it a good stir but be careful not to break the long noodles. If you are using a pan or a wok, toss well. When the Noodles get mixed well with the vegetables, remove the Kadai / Pan or Wok from the flame and Garnish with Spring Onions ( I did not have enough Spring Onions to Garnish), so I Served!
PREP TIME – 15 MINUTES.
COOK TIME – 15 MINUTES.
TOTAL TIME – 30 MINUTES.